Recent Posts

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

November 2013 Favorites

Hello, everyone!

As the month of November comes to a close, I bring you a quaint little post in order to share a few of the things, both beauty and nutrition related, that have made this month extra-enjoyable for me. :)

1. OPI's "Deutche you want me baby" and "DS luxurious." These two are a dream team for this festive fall nail look. Although it's subtle, I'm wearing "DS Luxurious" on my ring finger for an extra special touch of glitz n' glam.



2. Absolutely loving my Lorac Pro palette. I thought UD Naked 2 was my HG palette, until I met the Lorac Pro. 10 mattes, 10 shimmers all arranged from lightest to darkest and all labelled with no-nonsense self-descriptive names-- great palette for an OCD gal like me. The formula of these shadows is the creamiest, softest, most pigmented in my entire makeup collection so far and the packaging is very slim and travel-friendly. I do believe I will be taking this one with me to Portugal next month.

3. I've gained an unprecedented appreciation for lip balms as of late. I was just never was much of a lip balm wearer. I just didn't see the point in a lip product that wasn't a lipstick. Maybe it was the greasy film of my high school cherry Chapstick that turned me off to lip balms? Anyway, it wasn't until I purchased a couple of EOS lip balms that I began enjoying that fresh, hydrated feeling on my lips and to be honest what originally sold me was the adorable packaging and pastel colors. "Sweet Mint" was definitely my gateway balm. I now own over 10 different EOS lip balms but "Sweet Mint" continues to be my favorite.


4. Celestial Seasonings Honey-Vanilla Chamomile. Need I say more? I've always found plain chamomile rather dull unless sweetened with generous spoonfuls of honey. This is the only chamomile tea that I can drink without honey. Great flavor and it smells amazing too. Just open up the box and take a good whiff. Ahh..... so good.

5. Veggie hot pot! It's been our dinner for the past 2 weeks and it rocks! I don't follow any particular recipe. I kinda just sauté lots of chopped onion and garlic in 1 sparse tablespoon of either olive oil or organic coconut oil, add water, and load up on as many green veggies as I can get into the pot, such as celery, asparagus, cabbage, and brusslesprouts. With a tiny pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt, a few sparing spoonfuls of vegan veggie stock-base, and lots of fresh lime juice, this soup packs a lot of flavor. For extra protein I'll through in beans, quinoa and/or cubed firm tofu. No rules. No fuss.

Well, back to baking. Thanks for stopping by. Whether you are having turkey or tofu, have a delectable Thanksgiving! Xoxo

Daily Tidbits:
  • Had a great tricep/bicep workout today, my favorite muscle groups to work.
  • I've concluded that these trendy bb creams must not be for me. Not liking these bb cream induced breakouts. :(
  • Today was my first day of Thanksgiving vacation! It feels so good to get up at 7am instead of 5am. What difference two hours can make!
  • Up to date with all of my grading so I can enjoy my time off. :)
  • The house smells incredibly of autumn spices right now. Just made pumpkin pie and sweet potato casserole for tomorrow's dinner at my parents. The fact that both these dishes have been veganized can be our little secret. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...