Recent Posts

Saturday, October 26, 2013

OOTD: Fighting for the Fuchsia

Still on my K-bun kick...


October has thus far been the busiest month of 2013. It's Hispanic Heritage Month, for one. And as the Spanish teacher that means collaborating with my fabulous students to turn our school auditorium into an aleph of the Spanish-speaking world (Borges reference, anyone?). This was the first event of October, after which Red Ribbon Week and the end of the first quarter were sure to follow. For me, this means staff meetings,  report cards, and, of course, the proverbial hunt for missing assignments and all this in the midst of fighting the flu.

It's also Breast Cancer Awareness Month, a cause worth fighting for...in style! To show our support, our school community, students and faculty alike, put their best pink forward. I put my brightest pink forward; while classic pastel pink is customary, I opted to fight in fuchsia, a bright, in-your-face, warrior's pink. 



This bright, fuchsia blazer from Zara is the unquestionable show stopper in today's look. I love the structure of this blazer, especially the padded shoulders. Now, I know, most women of today would have ripped the shoulder padding right off the rack, but I personally just love the way it cinches the waist, creating a powerfully feminine silhouette. This particular blazer is unique in that the shoulders are not squared off as is typical of the "Janet Reno" blazers or man's sports coat. In fact, the shoulders on this blazer curve up and out elegantly and are ruched for some added feminine flare.

With so much focus on the upper portion, I went fairly neutral with the rest of my look. I chose a white tank top tucked into light wash, destroyed denim, skinny jeans from JustFab to relax the look (have you tried those jeans? They really are just fabulous!). I accessorized with my favorite Michael Kors logo belt in Vanilla.




You just can't go wrong with nude pumps. These however take the theme up a notch with bright pink soles. These are the Carringtons from the old school Shoe Dazzle Signature Sole line (back when Kim K. was the "chief stylist"). The quality of these shoes is not great, admittedly, but they are pretty, comfy, and I've put a lot of miles on them in the last 3 years. They are no longer available on SD but the design of this shoe is so commonplace you could probably get something comparable and in better quality from other designers, that is if you don't already own something like this.

Let's keep fighting, warriors, for a future as bright as dat fuchsia!

All my love, always.

Daily Tidbits: 

  • Just made the Sephora VIB program for the first time ever! Although that basically just means that I love cosmetics too much, I'm pretty excited about coupons and free shipping. 
  • I just received my Sigma Creme de Couture macaroon-inspired palette yesterday and I'm all too excited to start creating whimsical looks with it. Stay tuned. ;)
  • I've cut back on my coffee intake to just one small serving a day and I feel good about it. The new Keurig in the teachers' lounge was leading me down the beaten path of caffeine abuse.
  • I'm still sore from getting back into my workout routine post-sick week. Leg day and chest day were beastly!
  • Date night last night <3

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...