Recent Posts

Thursday, October 24, 2013

OOTD: The Not Too High-Low Skirt (Now Work Appropriate and Petite Approved!)


Standing at 5 foot nothing sans heels, I've been having a hard time participating in the whole high-low trend. I'm sure all you other petite girls out there can empathize with me. Much as I love the princess-like elegance of a chiffon train flowing gracefully in my trail as I saunter about, I find that dragging excess fabric across asphalt is quite unbecoming, which is why I am so impressed with this subtle little high-low skirt I picked up from the Sear's Kardashian Kollection. I normally wouldn't purchase anything from their "Kollection," as much of it is overpriced for such poor quality, but this little number happened to be on sale for about $7.00 (#win!). Surprisingly, it is probably the best quality Kardashian Kollection item I've ever worn. 

The first thing I love about this skirt is the fact that I don't have to hem it! The length of this skirt is much shorter than that of a typical high-low making it very cooperative with my stature. For some, this may be a con but for me this is a convenience. Second thing I love is its wearability. The difference in length from the front to the back is also far less dramatic than that of other skirts in the high-low family but it is just palpable enough to achieve a similar effect in a more demure way, allowing it to be styled in manner that is work-appropriate. And what about that print? I'm usually pretty selective about prints but this one really caught my eye... It's gorgeous! From my Instagram photo above, you can't appreciate very much of the detail that goes into the print beyond the striking geometric pattern, but the way the lion-head coins and gold chains are arranged on the light blue backdrop of this skirt creates a very beautiful and luxe nautical theme.

I paired my Kardashian skirt with a simple nude braided belt, a plain white dress shirt, and a gold chain necklace that restates the nautical theme. I also wore nude almond-toe patent pumps in order to keep the focus on the skirt and lengthen those short legs!



Have a fabulous day!

Daily Tidbits:
  • I've worn my hair in a bun for the last three days in a row. The weather has been icky lately and I don't feel like wearing my hair down in this vaporous So Flo heat. A little bit of Fall seriously needs to happen soon so I can have lots more good hair days and more excuses to drink PSL's. :)
  • I have been loving Revlon's Super Lustrous Shine Lipstick in Plum Velour lately. I've worn it almost every day this week! Great fall color.
  • I am currently reading Bram Stoker's Dracula in Spanish. Like I tell my students, one of the best ways to improve your second language skills is to read, read, read. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me...